"It has been reported a fit and healthy 7-year-old girl died unexpectedly before Christmas after a flu vaccine. Kaylynne died in her mother’s arms four days after she was given a flu vaccine by her doctor at her annual check up.
Officials are now investigating Kaylynne’s death and an autopsy report is due in a couple of week’s time. Kaylynne’s mother is positive the vaccine killed her daughter and told reporters, “We’re just waiting for an answer,” “but we believe in our hearts that it was the flu shot.”
State officials however, are not convinced that the flu vaccine was the cause of the girl’s death.
A report on Seven Days, Vermont’s Independent News, (1) stated Vermont Health Commissioner, Dr. Harry Chen made it clear that in his opinion it was extremely unlikely that Kaylynne’s death was related to the vaccine and he is worried that scaremongering will deter parents from vaccinating their children.
Chen said deaths after a vaccine are very rare and that a death after the flu shot has never before been reported in Vermont.
News reporter Ken Picard wrote:
Chen and other state health officials are more worried about the effects of news reports prematurely linking the Barton girl’s death to the flu shot: specifically, that more parents will opt out of immunizing their children, or themselves, against seasonal influenza.
A 7yr child dies just days before Christmas after receiving a ‘so called safe vaccine’ and all state officials are worried about are the effects her death will have on vaccination statistics! His behavior in my opinion was disgusting and highlights the inhumane way officials treat grieving parents to further their own ends.
So are deaths after flu vaccines as rare as Chen has stated and are the vaccines as safe as we are led to believe?
From the research that I have found neither the flu vaccine nor the Swine flu vaccine has been found to be particularly safe. In November last year an article highlighted two deaths occurring just hours after the Swine flu or H1N1 vaccine in China. (A point to remember here is that the H1N1 vaccine is included in this years flu shot.) (2)
The Ministry of Health in China reported that two people had died after receiving swine flu shots. They were clear to point out however, that death after immunization does not necessarily mean that the death was caused by the vaccine. (3)
Nurses Boycott Flu Vaccine
UK Nurses are also saying that the flu shots are unsafe and have been reluctant to have the vaccines. A report on the website Nursing Times.net (4) states that unvaccinated nurses taking part in a survey said that they did not have the flu vaccine because of safety concerns. The report states:
When asked why they had not had the vaccine, the majority of unvaccinated respondents highlighted concerns about vaccine side effects.
The Nursing Times stated that researchers had found that concerns about side effects and efficacy were the two most frequent reasons for nurses refusing the flu vaccine.
If nurses are not having the vaccine through fears that they are unsafe, then surely this must indicate that these vaccines are unsafe? Could the reason for this be, that they are seeing a higher than average number of adverse reactions coming into the hospitals?
Senior Flu Shots Are Proving To Be Exceptionally Dangerous
If you still feel that the vaccines are safe then I suggest you take a look at an article written by Dr Mercola which was highlighted this week. Dr Mercola (5) stated that the new flu vaccine being give to seniors is proving exceptionally dangerous. He says that according to the CDC there are more frequent reports of side effects after the High Dose Fluzone vaccine.This is the vaccine which is being given to seniors. Mercola wrote:
“The safety profile of Fluzone High-Dose vaccine is similar to that of regular flu vaccines, although adverse events (which are also reported after regular flu vaccines) were reported more frequently after vaccination with Fluzone High-Dose.
The most common adverse events experienced during clinical studies were mild and temporary and included pain, redness and swelling at the injection site and headache, muscle aches, fever and malaise.”
A total of 6.1 percent of seniors injected with the regular Fluzone vaccine experienced a serious adverse event, compared to 7.4 percent of those receiving the newer high-dose version. According to the package insert the SAE’s reported during the post-approval use of the vaccine include:
• Thrombocytopenia (abnormally low platelet count, which can result in abnormal bleeding)
• Guillain-Barre syndrome
• Myelitis (spinal cord inflammation)
• Optic neuritis (inflammation of the optic nerve)
• Lymphadenopathy (enlarged lymph nodes)
• Facial palsy (Bell’s palsy)
• Paresthesia (numbness/tingling of the skin)
• Itchy skin
• Anaphylaxis (life-threatening whole-body allergic reaction)
• Stevens-Johnson syndrome
• Vasculitis (inflammatory destruction of blood vessels)
• Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath
• Chest pain
• Brachial neuritis (excruciating unilateral shoulder pain, followed by paralysis of shoulder)
• Pharyngitis and rhinitis (inflammation of the throat or pharynx, and the nose, respectively)
• Convulsions, fainting, dizziness
I feel that if doctors and nurses are avoiding these vaccinations they are doing so for a reason and if the vaccine manufacturers are writing lists this long on their information leaflet, then they are writing it to cover themselves should anyone have an adverse reaction. Let’s fact it how many pensioners would actually ask to read this leaflet before they have the vaccine?
I have decided that given the evidence stating that flu vaccines are proving unsafe. I will take my chances and not have either of the flu vaccines; one thing is for sure if I do get the flu I have a better chance of recovery than I would from the side effects mentioned in the list above."
1. Seven Days – Vermont’s Independent News http://www.7dvt.com/2012flu-shot-or-not-state-health-officials-warn-against-alarmist-reaction-young-girls-death
2. Flu Vaccine NHS website http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Flu-jab/Pages/Introduction.aspx
3. Two People Died After Getting Swine Flu shots – Hometesting blog http://hometestingblog.testcountry.com/?p=5005
4. Nursing Times – Vaccine side effects top of nurses’ concerns about flu jab http://www.nursingtimes.net/nursing-practice/clinical-specialisms/immunology/vaccine-side-effects-top-of-nurses-concerns-about-flu-jab/5039337.article
5. Mercola http://www.care2.com/greenliving/dangerous-new-flu-vaccine-for-seniors.html
Healthy 7 Year Old Girl Dies in Mother’s Arms After Flu Shot