Monday, November 14, 2011
PROTECTION FROM RADIATION POISONING
Great article on how to protect ourselves from radiation poisoning...
"...Plant flavinoids which were shown to be radio-protective include:
- Gingko biloba at a dose of 250-350mg per day; it was found to protect DNA from radiation damage.
- Ginger was found to protect animal DNA from massive exposure to Gamma radiation, the most destructive kind.
- Garlic has also been found to protect against ionizing radiation.
- Curcumin (turmeric extract) was found to be enormously protective as well as,
- Quercitin, which is found in fruits, vegetables, leaves and grains and
- Punicalagins, extracted from pomegranates.
- Alpha Lipoid Acid was found to actually reverse some effects of radiation damage in Chernobyl, returning the levels of oxidized protein compounds in the body caused by radiation exposure back to normal levels and in some cases, better than normal.
- Resveratrol, a compound most commonly associated with red wine is also a very potent radio-protectant, in supplement doses of 200mg, twice a day.
- Hesperidin was found to be very protective of DNA and of bone marrow, the blood-forming organ that's the most sensitive to radiation exposure, along with the brain and the gastrointestinal tract..."
Food and Supplements that Protect Against DNA Damage: Dr. Russell Blaylock
Jeff Rense: Radiation, What We CAN Do to Protect Ourselves