Wednesday, October 19, 2011

POWERFUL MAMA SUCCEEDS IN GIVING BIRTH TO HER BREECH BABY AT HOME!



"I could feel another contraction building, and felt the need to move quickly, so I did. With P on my heels fanning me vigorously, I zoomed down the hall into the kitchen and back, several times and to my surprise, found it to be completely manageable. After a few “runs” I began to feel like a mama panther. I paced my house back and forth huffing, growling and tossing my head, eyes dilated and sightless. At times I almost broke into a run even..when appropriate.

I imagined myself hiking naked under the moon, in the cold December night air. It sounded so amazing, and the absolute most appropriate thing to do. I told P this and headed for the front door. He gently steered me away and back down the hall. I complained and tried to argue, but in the back of my mind knew that it probably wasn’t a good idea, us living in a suburban neighborhood and all, a naked woman in labor might prompt my neighbors to call enforcements of some kind, which I agreed would be annoying and disruptive..."

Overcoming Fear to Experience Raw Power: A Breech Home Birth Story

http://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2011/10/18/overcoming-fear-to-experience-raw-power-a-breech-home-birth-story/