Thursday, June 30, 2011

MORE ON OBSTETRICAL ABUSE OF MOTHERS - NURSES TELL THE STORY



My friends - this is almost too much to conceive of, and yet is happening all over the United States. As I sit down to write this blog, my sister and friend, Janel Mirendah, tells me that her ex-husband, too, was ordered to hold a mother down while the other doctor began a C-section before the anesthesia having taken effect.

Ritual torture is the name of the game.

“We were called to a ‘stat’ c-section the other night for ‘severe fetal distress’ and the OB’s started cutting this woman before the anesthesia was effective…and they did the old pull and tear maneuver while she could still feel it also. (It was in the same OR as I was in to have Alexandra.) I started sweating and got really anxious, scared, and thought I was going to throw-up and faint at the same time. But then I said, ‘OK PEOPLE YOU HAVE TO STOP!! THIS MOM IS SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS!!!’ They did stop and then gave her a general… but I felt terrorized all over again… and that poor mother!!”
http://www.glorialemay.com/blog/?p=98